+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you guys think of the show "Black Gold?

What do you guys think of the show "Black Gold?

What do you guys think about this show? There seams to be a lack of safety in the Texas Oilfield!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

LOVE IT One of the better Reality Shows to come down the pike in quite a while.. I'm hooked and look forward to each episode..

Watching the crews as they go through daily trials and tribulations of life on an Oil derrick. I enjoy watching bosses tell it like it is. These guys are a hoot to watch each week.

Black Gold is good for a few shows and then falls into a dangerous trap. How many times can we watch an oil driller put another piece of pipe together to drill the hole to get to the oil before we get bored?

That show is still on? I thought they made 2 seasons and canned it?

Unregistered
    I think it's a reality show. I work for a bigger drilling company so I guess those happen but not on my rig. It's pretty ridiculous to be honest.

Its all dramatized, the one that made this show also makes Ice Road Truckers. The Big Dog Rig on the show is a staged rigged NW of Odessa, been on a couple of their other rigs, the men on them have nothing good to say about the "TV Stars" they put on that rig.

The safety on them is far and above what is required, they just make it look like fools working on them.

Do any of the people on that show actually work in the oilfield?

The first season they used some roughnecks from the fields ... after that they had ones that couldn't make it and used them on the rig ... around here most of the company men are cool, but they aren't going to let cameras on the rigs like that.

Most of the rigs in my area call them "scabs" ... they don't have much good to say about them.

I got into it for a little while but like someone said before, it got old after awhile

Black Gold is really good show . Its show reality of life.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in